ELECTRIFICATION OF USSR RAILWAYS IN THE 1964-1974 PERIOD
ELEKTRIFIKATSIIA ZHELEZNYKH DOROG SSSR ZA PERIOD 1964-1974 GG
This is a summary of information pertaining to electrification of railroads in the U.S.S.R. during 1964 to 1974 period. The report covers utilization of various types of current, the change of the fuel energy balance in railroad transport, characteristics of the load, the net cost of transport and work production, comparative characteristics of locomotives, the operational reliability of energy feeding devices, the remote control of energy supply apparatus, the improvement of throughput of earlier electrified railroad sections, and the further improvement of electrical supply systems.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Serdinov, S M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Energy; Fuel consumption; Locomotives; Operating costs; Railroad electrification; Railroad facility operations; Reliability; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive performance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130309
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM