HYGIENE, PHYSIOLOGY AND EPIDEMIOLOGY IN RAILROAD TRANSPORTATION
GIGIENA, FIZIOLOGIIA I EPIDEMIOLOGIIA NA ZHELEZNODOROZHNOM TRANSPORTE
This compendium contains the following reports: (1) The Sixth International Congress on the prevention of accidents and occupational illness; (2) Some questions of hygiene characteristics of contemporary locomotives; (3) Research on functions of learning with a view to professional selection of mechanics; (4) The state of hearing functions in railroad transport railcar inspectors; (5) Hygienic evaluation of work conditions of workers in the ice enterprises of the Ministry of Railroads; (6) Research into the capability of locomotive engineers to evaluate distances; (7) Hygienic characteristics of the climate of several points in the Northern railroads; (8) Several indicators of production trauma on the Dnieper railroad; (9) Rheographic research on dispatcher service workers under productional conditions; (10) The dynamics of arterial pressure in workers in cold plants; (11) The effects of insecticides; (12) Objective methods of research on the projective functions of special clothing; (13) The retention of fluorine, iodine, copper, and zinc in water sources of the centralized water supply in the Celinograd section of the Kazakh railroad. The report also contains a supplement on exchange of experience: this deals with an accelerated method for analysis calculation with the aid of tables; modification of the chromatic method of definition of lead in the air; sanitary hygienic characteristics of microclimate of basic sections of the Gordy railroad station; and finally, typical railroad construction projects.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976. This is from the collection of scientific works "Sbornik nauchnykh trudov."
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
All-Union Scientific Res Inst of Railroad HygieneMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Occupational safety; Protective clothing; Psychological aspects
- Uncontrolled Terms: Occupational health
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00130306
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 42
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM