NS SAVANNAH OPERATIONS, MAY 1962 THROUGH MARCH 1963
A summary is presented of the overall performance of the reactor plant and of the ship during the nine month period specified. Also included are details of manning, the organization of a shoreside engineering and ship support group, servicing and maintenance facilities, and certain administrative features of the program. Among the changes being made are: 1) a new, improved reactor compartment ventilation system is being installed; 2) the radiation monitoring system is being replaced with one which will result in greater instrument sensitivities; 3) to eliminate a partial scramming of control rods, a change in the reactor scram system is being incorporated; 4) to incorporate a high pressure reactor scram at 2000 psig, a second change to the scram circuit is being made, and a revised pump current monitor scram circuit is being installed; and 5) modifications are being made to the take home motor system.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number TODD/SML-NSS-6.
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1963-3-15
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Crew size; Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Radiation monitoring
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026641
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TODD/SML-NSS-6
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206, MA-1889
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM