NS SAVANNAH HEALTH PHYSICS MANUAL
A health physics manual for the N.S. Savannah establishes the standards, policies, and detailed instructions relating to radiation protection from the program. Operational procedures for health physics personnel are specified. Topics covered include: maximum permissible exposures and concentrations; control areas; contamination control and decontamination; work permits; respiratory equipment and protective clothing; personnel monitoring; routine, special, and environmental surveys; fixed radiation monitoring system; source storage and handling; waste management; shipment and receipts; records, logs, and reports; tests and measurement program; calibration equipment; maintenance, special, and casualty procedures; training program; and health physics storage areas.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-5.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX USA
- Publication Date: 1963-12-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Health physics; Nuclear powered ships; Radiation doses; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026638
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-5
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM