RAILROAD CARGO TARIFFS AND A METHOD FOR ESTABLISHING THEM
ZHELEZNODOROZHNYE GRUZOVYE TARIFY I METODIKA IKH POSTROENIIA
This book presents methodical principles for a new system of tariffs for the transfer of freight by carloads, in containerized and less-than-carload shipments on a two-rate basis for origin-destination and line-haul operations. It gives the fundamental directions for further improvement of the system of transport tariffs, shows the initial base for reworking tariffs, and includes the definition and analysis of tariff rates, cost, stock capacity, and profit potential of transportation according to type of cargoes, forms of dispatching, and kinds of rolling stock. Examined in detail are problems of the formulation of tariffs according to separate, most important cargo complexes, and reflected are the systematical receptions of planning tariffs on the transportation of perishable cargoes in refrigerated trains and sections. The book also looks at problems of the automation of planning tariffs with the utilization of the electronic computer. The chapters are: (1) Theoretical principles of planned price formation and their application in the further improvement of railroad freight transport; (2) General results of the revision of railroad cargo tariffs and initial base taken during the reworking; (3) Reworking tariffs on the transportation of cargoes by means of carload shippers (except for perishables) in containers and small lots; (4) Reworking tariffs on the transportation of perishable cargoes; finally; (5) The utilization of the electronic computer during the reworking of tariffs.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Containerization; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Information processing; Less than carload traffic; Perishables; Pricing; Profitability; Rate making; Rates; Tariffs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity rates; Less carload traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130247
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM