BITUMINOUS STABILIZATION AND SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION USES
This session's first paper - "Bituminous Stabilization and Special Construction Uses" discusses the various uses of bituminous materials for soil stabilization, with the object of improving construction detailing, and heightening awareness of the properties of bitumen. Road and water storage applications are discussed and reference is made to other uses such as slope protection. The review of pavement practice covers such aspects as emulsion stabilization, cutback stabilization, penetration stabilization, mixed stabilization with secondary additives, soils suitable for bituminous stabilization, design and performance, equivalency and new materials and methods. The use of bitumen for sealing of water storages includes dams, reservoirs, tanks, or catchment areas. The second paper - "Foamed Bitumen Stabilization, Building Construction, and Other Special Uses" - describes the kinds of special situations and the types of bitumen needed in such situations. The specific uses covered are: foamed bitumen mixtures for pavements; mastic asphalt for roofs and tanking; building insulation and damp proof courses; concrete construction slabs; grouting and undersealing concrete pavement slabs; tough flexible bridge deck surfacings; metal corrosion protection; and hot sprayed buried membrane canal linings.
- Conference on the Efficient Use of Bitumens, Asphalts and Tars as Paving and Construction Materials, Sydney, Australia, 2-3 December 1974; Session 6.
University of New South WalesSchool of Civil Engineering, Anzac Parade
Kensington, New South Wales Australia 2033
- Ingles, O G
- Bowering, R H
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Asphalt; Bituminous materials; Bituminous pavements; Building materials; Corrosion protection; Electric insulating materials; Emulsions; Grouting; Insulating materials; Liquid asphalt; Pendulum tests; Permeability; Slopes; Soil stabilization; Surfacing; Tar; Water storage
- Uncontrolled Terms: Membranes; Stabilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Cut back; Liners; Membranes (Biology); Slope protection
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00095562
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM