ANALYSIS OF OPERATION AND INCREASE IN RELIABILITY OF ENERGY SUPPLY SYSTEMS OF ELECTRIFIED RAILROADS
ANALIZ RABOTY I POVYSHENIE NADEZHNOSTI USTROISTV ENERGOSNABZHENIIA ELEKTRIFITSIROVANNYKH ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
On the basis of many years of experience, this book puts forth an analysis of the operation of traction substations and of the catenary network of electrified railroads, and gives recommendations for increasing their reliability. The book is intended for technical engineering workers connected with the operation and design of electrifical railroad energy supply systems, and can also be useful for instructors and students of the higher educational institutions and auditors of the qualification-increasing schools. The chapters include: (1) Fundamental conditions for the reliability of electrified railroad energy supply systems; (2) Damage to the catenary suspension; (3) Installations for the automatic control of the current collector characteristics; (4) Damage of the catenary network induced by corrosion; (5) Protection of the catenary network from short circuit current on direct current stations; (6) Protection from short circuit currents on alternating current sections; (7) Damage at the direct current tractive substations; (8) Damage at alternating current tractive substations.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Serdinov, S M
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 368 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Circuit breakers; Electric power generation and transmission; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Electrochemical corrosion; Handbooks; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Reliability; Short circuits; Textbooks
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection; Ground currents
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130242
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM