HANDBOOK FOR ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING CROSSINGS
INSTRUKTSIIA PO USTROISTVU I OBSLUZHIVANIIU PEREEZDOV
This brief handbook contains the following information; (1) General principles; (2) Arrangement and equipping of crossing; (3) Maintenance and repair of crossings; (4) Servicing of crossings; (5) Basic requirements for the utilization of artificial constructions for the passage of traffic and for the driving of stock. The appendices cover: (1) Basic requirements for equipping crossings with automated systems; (2) List of basic procedures fulfilled during capital repair of crossings; (3) Instructions on the technology of safety and of productional sanitation for crossings attendants; (4) An issue from "Railroad traffic rules" (ch.vii - passage of crossings, pedestrian crossings, general transportation and railroad train stops); (5) Rules for driving stock across the railroad; (6) Plan for distribution of devices, signs, and tables before guarded crossings in populated areas, before unguarded crossings in populated areas, before unguarded crossings outside populated areas; finally, the pamphlet discusses clearance gates, divisional beams, and safety island, which are carefully described in the figures.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Grade crossing protection systems; Handbooks; Operating rules; Protection; Railroad grade crossings; Safety equipment; Specifications; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing protection; Protective devices
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130241
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM