SOVIET RAILROAD TECHNICAL OPERATION RULES
PRAVILA TEKHNICHESKOI EKSPLUATATSII ZHELEZNYKH DOROG SOIUZA SSR
These rules contain the following information: (I) General obligations of railroad transport workers; (II) Constructions, and systems for maintaining them: (1) general principles, dimensions; (2) construction and track administration plan, track profile, subgrade, upper track structure, artificial constructions, switching crossings, intersections, track and signaling signs; (3) water supply and regenerating means, signaling and communication, signals, automatic and semiautomatic blocking, centralization of switches and signals, dispatcher centralization, automatic locomotive signaling and automatic stops, switch dependency, station blocking, track obstructions, low voltage lines and communications; (6) electrical supply of electrified railroads and energy management; (7) inspection of constructions and their repair; (III) Rolling Stock and its Maintenance: (1) general requirements; (2) wheelsets; (3) braking and cushioning arrangements; (4) maintenance, upkeep, and repair of rolling stock; maintenance of rail cars: (IV) Organization of Train Traffic; (1) timetable; (2) distribution points, organization of technical operation of the stations, general requirements operation of switching crossings, execution of switching, formation of railcars in cargo trains, sequency of switching brakes in the trains: (V) Train traffic: reception and departure of trains, means of signalling and communication during train traffic, sequence of action during obligatory stop of train. Finally, the handbook concludes with a list of terms employed in the rules of technical operations of USSR railroads.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Car clearances (Railroads); Centralized traffic control; Classification yards; Disasters and emergency operations; Embankments; Handbooks; Operating rules; Railroad electrification; Railroad terminals; Railroad tracks; Railroad yards; Signaling; Specifications; Telecommunications; Timetables; Train makeup; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Clearances; Interlocking; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130240
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM