INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAILROAD TRAFFIC AND SWITCHING ON SOVIET RAILROADS
INSTRUKTSIIA PO DVIZHENIU POEZDOV I MANEVROVOI RABOTE NA ZHELEZNYKH DOROGAKH SOIUZA SSR
This handbook covers the following information: (1) Train traffic during automatic blocking; (2) Train traffic on sections equipped with centralized dispatching; (3) Train traffic during semiautomatic blocking; (4) Train traffic in an electrical rod system; (5) Train traffic with telephonic communication means; (6) Order of train traffic during interruption of the action of all established means of signaling and communication; (7) Traffic of maintenance trains (railway motor cars), fire trains, and auxiliary locomotives; (8) Train traffic (railway motor cars) during work production on railroad tracks and constructions; (9) Reception and departure of trains; (10) Operation of the train dispatcher; (11) Shunting operation at the stations; (12) Sequence of distributing warnings; (13) Reception and departure of trains under conditions where normal operations of the automatic blocking system are suspended at the stations; (14) Train traffic with demarcated time. The appendices are: (1) A list of solutions for train departures from the station with various means of signaling and communication during train traffic; (2) Norms and fundamental regulations for securing rolling stock by means of brake shoes and hand brakes; (3) Procedures for setting up in the train wagon loads which require exceptional caution and special rolling stock. Finally; (4) The sequence of trolley traffic.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train protection; Block signal systems; Centralized traffic control; Disasters and emergency operations; Dispatching; Freight terminals; Handbooks; High capacity cars; Intermodal terminals; Maintenance of way; Operating rules; Oversize loads; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Signaling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Block systems; High and wide loads; Operating strategies; Train meets
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM