POWERING CHARACTERISTICS OF TWO V-BOW VARIATIONS FOR SERIES 60, 0.60=C SUB B COMPARED TO THE PARENT TMB MODELS 4969, 4210, AND MODEL 924
Predictions of horsepower and associated coefficients for the Series 60, 0.60 block hull with extreme "V" sections obtained from tests with Taylor Model Basin (TMB) Model 4969 are presented for a speed range of 12 to 28 knots. Composite plots of SHP, EHP, RPM, EHP/SHP, wake fraction from thrust, and thrust deduction obtained from tests with University of Michigan Model 924, TMB Model 4969, and TMB Model 4210 are presented for speeds of 16 to 25 knots.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number DTMB-1812.
David Taylor Model BasinHydromechanics Laboratory
Washington, DC United States
- Weaver Jr, A H
- Publication Date: 1964-1
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Hulls; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing; Power prediction
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026632
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1812
- Contract Numbers: MA-2564
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM