ELECTRIC SUPPLY OF ELECTRIFIED RAILROADS
ELEKTROSNABZHENIE ELEKTRIFITSIROVANNYKH ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
This book presents theoretical principles of the operation of direct and alternating tractive electric supply systems, their interaction with electrical rolling stock and systems of external electrical supply. It also covers methods of electrical computation; choice of parameters and design of electrical traction supply systems; the protection of electrical traction arrangements from short circuit currents; and the isolation of subterranean constructions and communication systems from the effect of tractive currents. In contrast to the previous issues, and relative to a change in the educational program; the present book excludes the investigation of problem of the protection of electrical tension systems from excess voltage and adds the topic of the protection of conductance communication system from tractive currents. This book has been ratified by the Main Administration of Educational Institutions of the Ministry of Railroads in the capacity of a textbook for the railroad transport technical schools in the specialties of energy supply and energy management of railroad transport and can also be utilized by workers of planning organizations and energy supply sections of roads for the solution of practical problems. The chapters are: (1) Brief information on energy systems; (2) Electrical networks; (3) General problems in the electrical supply of electrified railroads; (4) Electrical calculation of electrical traction supply systems; (5) Protection of electrical traction systems from short circuit and overload currents; (6) The compensation of reactive power, the regulation of tension and the lowering of the non- symmetry of currents and tensions; (7) Technical-economic calculations of electrical supply systems; (8) Planning energy supply systems; (9) Stray currents and the protection of subterranean constructions from electrical corrosions; (10) The influence of electrical current on conductance communication currents and protection from it; (11) Radio interference created by electrical traction systems and the lowering and suppression of these interferences.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Voronin, A V
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Circuit breakers; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electrochemical corrosion; Electromagnetic interference; Inductive interference; Power factor (Electricity); Protection; Railroad electrification; Safety equipment; Short circuits; Telecommunications; Textbooks
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground currents; Power factor; Protective devices
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM