BUMPERS: EFFECTIVE, BUT HOW COST BENEFICIAL
The major factors influencing the cost-benefit relationship of improved bumper systems are discussed. Evidence is presented which demonstrates that energy-absorbing bumper designs have proved effective in reducing the frequency of crash damage, especially damage from low-speed crashes. Although the improved bumper systems are proving effective, the maximum potential cost savings are not yet being realized by consumers.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Casassa II, J
- Sorenson, Willy W
- Gardner, R E
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Benefit cost analysis; Bumpers; Crashworthiness; Energy absorbing materials; Energy absorption; Loss and damage; Safety equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy absorbing bumpers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095543
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740986
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM