THEORETICAL PRINCIPLES OF THE CONTAINER TRANSPORT SYSTEM OF THE U.S.S.R.
TEORETICHESKIE OSNOVY KONTEINERNOI TRANSPORTNOI SISTEMY SSSR
This book presents methodical principles, main parameters, and a general scheme of formation for a Container Transport System (CTS) in the USSR, to be used for internal and international communications. Widespread use of progressive methods requires significant increase in the volume of containerized and package transport, broadening of their spheres of application to such forms of transport as aviation, and inclusion of a maximum number of branches of industry, construction, supply, and trade. The material and technical base must be developed for the whole complex of technology for cargo shippers and receivers; a system of organization and administration which will ensure speedy through passage of containers in all forms of transport must be created; and a scientific system of prospective and current planning must be put into action. The book is intended for economists and technical engineering and scientific workers of all types of transport, as well as for scientific workers of all branches of the national economy concerned with the problems of containerization and packaging transportation. The chapters include: (1) Development state and prospects of container and package transport; (2) Methodological fundamentals and general formulation scheme of CTS/USSR; (3) Management system; (4) Classification and parameters of the technology; (5) Technology of packaged cargo transport; (6) Methods and sequence of planning; (7) Fundamentals and methods of economic regulations; (8) Tariffs for transportation of freight and methods for their improvements; (9) Organization and legal commercial regulation; (10) Principles of container points' technology; (11) System of transportational-expeditional service (TES); finally; (12) The development of container transport in international communications.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Institute of Complex Transport Problems (GOSPLAN)Moscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 240 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Handbooks; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Operations; Planning; Standards; Tariffs
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130236
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM