IMPROVED BUMPERS -- HOW ARE THEY DOING?
The purpose of this study was to define the performance of 1973 vehicles (meeting the requirements of FMVSS 215) in terms of collision losses. The study addresses both unrepaired and repaired damage. In terms of overall dollars per car-year, the results fail to show a difference in losses between 1973 model year vehicles and 1971 model year vehicles.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Ruster, T W
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Bumpers; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crashworthiness; Energy absorbing materials; Rear end collisions; Research; Safety equipment; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy absorbing bumpers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095542
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740987
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM