THE CONTAINER TRANSPORT SYSTEM
KONTEINERNAIA TRANSPORTNAIA SISTEMA
This book, written by a large group of specialists in various types of transportation, examines many problems connected with developing and establishing in the USSR a container transport system (CTS). Beginning with general problems of container transportation and its historical development, the study goes on to lay out in detail the technical-economic and operational characteristics of applied and prospective technical means of railroad, water, truck, air and industrial transport (e.g. universalized and specialized containers, rolling stock, cargo transport means), as well as the technological fundamentals of the function of container transport systems, the economics of containerized transfers, and finally their rules and legal regulations. The experience of containerization outside the USSR is also utilized. This book is intended for scientific and technical engineering workers of main-line and industrial transport, and can be utilized as well in the capacity of an educational textbook in the higher educational institutions. The chapters are (A) The Development of Container Transport in the USSR and abroad: 1) Container transport in the USSR; 2) Fundamentals of CTS; 3) Container transport abroad; (B) Technology of CTS: 4) Structure and classification; 5) Technical requirements for containers; 6) Universal containers; 7) Specialized containers; 8) Container test methods; 9) Rolling stock for container transport; 10) Shifting means; 11) Automatization of shifting methods; 12) Containerized points; (C) Organization and Economics of Containerized Transport: 13) Planning, normalization, and stock taking; 14) Organization of container transport; 15) Technological labor processes of containerized points; 16) Automation of container transport control; 17) Tariffs; 18) Technical-economic effectiveness of container transport; 19) Legal regulations.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 432 p.
- TRT Terms: Container cars; Containerization; Containers; Control systems; Design; Economic analysis; Handbooks; Information systems; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Operations; Planning; Rate making; Textbooks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Intermodal information systems; Intermodal operations; Intermodal terminal control systems; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130235
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM