RAILROAD OPERATOR'S REFERENCE BOOK
This book contains reference materials for the conditions and organization of passenger and cargo transport, the technical normalization and methods of analysis of operational work, calculations of technical norms and indices of rolling stock operation, organization of train traffic, methods of complex regulation of railway car and locomotive fleets, prime cost of transportation, work production, and other problems of railroad operation. Data is provided for the technical control of roads (track and track management, stations and junctions, locomotives, railway cars and railcar management, automation, communication, electrification and energetics, and means of mechanization), characteristics of their basic elements, maintenance and operational norms, and computations. Special selections of the handbook are dedicated to the application of computational technology and mathematical methods in the solution of operational tasks, general transportation problems, and problems of cadres, labor, and salary. The reference book is intended for technical engineering and management workers connected with the organization of train traffic, cargo and spurtracks and transport shops of industrial enterprises, as well as students and instructors of the railroad technical institutes. The chapters are (1) General transport information, USSR and abroad; (2) Technical railroad means; (3) Passenger transport; (4) Organization of operational procedure; (5) Passage allowing and transportational capability of railroads; (6) Application of mathematical methods and computational technology; finally, (7) Labor and salary.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 704 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Car utilization (Railroads); Freight transportation; Handbooks; Locomotive utilization; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Mathematical models; Operating rules; Operations; Passenger transportation; Personnel management; Planning; Productivity; Railroad electrification; Traffic managers; Transportation engineering; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00130233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM