THE EFFECTS OF TIRE WEAR ON VEHICLE BEHAVIOR
This paper discusses the cornering characteristics during the progress of tire wear and how the stability and controllability of a vehicle varies in the various stages of tire wear. With the introduction of tire parameters appropriate to represent the characteristics of tire construction, the method of calculation of the cornering characteristics of a tire is proposed in this paper. Furthermore, this paper shows the values of tire parameters in the various stages of tire wear in both cases of bias belted and radial tires.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Tsuchuja, S
- WATANABE, T
- Matsouka, Y
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Mathematical models; Radial ply tires; Steering; Tires; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Cornering (Vehicle); Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095539
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741100
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM