PROBLEMS AND ADVANCES IN RADIAL TIRE RETREADING
This paper discusses equipment and procedures required to retread radial tires, emphasizing truck tires; reviews retreading process for conventional tires; and notes changes required for radials. In exploring the most extensive problem, inability to properly contract and expand radials to provide curing pressure, the paper indicates the need for an elastic matrix and supports use of precured tread systems.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Baumgardner, H R
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment; Radial ply tires; Retreaded tires; Tires; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095538
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741136
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM