HANDBOOK FOR INSURING TRAIN TRAFFIC SAFETY DURING TRACK WORK
INSTRUKTSIIA PO OBESPECHENIIU BEOPASNOSTI DVIZHENIIA POEZDOV PRI PROIZVODSTVE PUTVYKH RABOT
This issue of "Instructions" establishes the order for track work production at the stages and stations, ensuring the complete safety of traffic. It is required for all track management workers, as well as other workers of transport services connected with train traffic and work production on the railroad track, and workers of the building organizations who carry out work on the railroad track. The chapters are: (1) Protection of track work by means of signals and signaling signs, and labor management; (2) The order or protection of work production locations at the stages; (3) The order of protection of work production locations at the stations; (4) The order of protection of places where interference to train traffic suddenly arises; (5) The protection of places along which trains are allowed with conductors; (6) The order of issuing warnings; (7) The order of work production and passage of trains at work sites; (8) The insurance of safety of train traffic during the production of track work in the "window" and during the operation of track machines; (9) The order of work production within the boundaries of the station; (10) The utilization of track motor cars, motorized locomotives, non-removable and removable hand cars, small track cars and other removable rolling units and their protection by means of signals; (11) The sequence of encountering trains; (2) The allocation of upper track structure materials; (13) The responsibility for traffic safety curing track work.
- Abstract only is available in English, Original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train protection; Maintenance of way; Maintenance practices; Operating rules; Safety; Signal devices; Speed limits; Supervision; Train operation; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Track maintenance equipment; Train protection
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00130216
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 2003 12:00AM