NS SAVANNAH SHALLOW WATER MOORING TEST MODEL 4671
Tests were conducted on N.S. Savannah Model 4671 to obtain information pertinent to the design of a bow thruster. Results indicate the forces experienced by the ship, while laying along-side a pier, subjected to broadside currents of various velocities in shallow water and the predicted turning moments resulting from the combination of the propeller-rudder action in these waters.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number DTMB-1883.
David Taylor Model BasinDepartment of the Navy
Washington, DC USA
- Yeh, H
- Publication Date: 1964-8
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Bow thrusters; Navigation; Nuclear powered ships; Propellers; Rudders
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller rudder interaction; Shallow water effects
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1883
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM