HANDBOOK FOR THE RUNNING MAINTENANCE OF RAILROAD TRACK
INSTRUKTSIIA PO TEKUSHCHEMU SODERZHANIIU ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI
This publication consists of the following chapters and appendices: (1) Fundamental regulations for the current repair of railroad track; (2) Technical conditions and norms for track maintenance: Rails, ties, ballast layer, fastenings, cross ties, rail anchors, track geometry, dimensions, layout for single- and double-track, track on bridges and at crossings, tunnels, basic standards for maintaining switches, crossovers and crossings; (3) Prediction of track deterioration and evidence of this on rails, fastenings, ties and timbers, ballast layer, subgrade, switches and crossings and specifications for restoring them, maintenance of embankments; (4) Organization of work, evaluation of track repair; (5) Repair and storage of track maintenance equipment and materials. Appendices: Rails, fastenings, ballast cross sections on weak soil, wooden cross ties and crossing timbers, stress-strain diagrams for laying crossovers with specified ties and layout plans, standard transverse subgrade profiles, technical instructions for locating crossovers during construction of new ones, development and rebuilding of existing stations, table for fitting out production track maintenance organizations, a table of hand tools, signal devices and inventory for routine track maintenance.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchors (Structural connectors); Ballast (Railroads); Crossovers; Double track; Embankments; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Single track; Standards; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail anchors; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130214
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM