METHODS USED TO CALCULATE THE WEIGHT BEARING CAPACITY OF THE BASIC SURFACE OF ROADBEDS
METODIKA RASCHETA NESUSHCHEI SPOSOBNOSTI OSNOVNOI PLOSHCHADKI EKSPLUATIRUEMOGO ZEMLIANOGO POLOTNA
This book lays out a new statistical method for the evaluation of the durability of the fundamental surface of the operational subgrade worked out on the basis of organization of direct experiments under on-location conditions. The received calculated apparatus is in full accordance with the composed practical work on the differentiation of the capacity of elements of the upper track structure according to load-stress, and is based on the integral calculation of durability characteristics of the bottom of the subgrade and its mutability during the process of operation. The book is intended for scientific and technical engineering workers of railroad transportation. The chapters are: (1) Statement of the problem; (2) Fundamental principles and criteria for a new methodology: choice of calculation parameters; (3) Bases of methodology for experimental research into deformations of the basic surface: climatic conditions, methodology determining dependency characteristics of test sections; (4) Train loads (pressures) acting upon the fundamental surface: rolling stock and its circulation on test sections, choice of calculation zone, change in time of interaction of the ballast with the subgrade along the length of the sleeper, normal stresses, comparative evaluation of ballast pressure on the fundamental surface along concrete steel and wooden ties; (5) Accumulation of deformations of the fundamental surface: distribution of similar deformation along the track, dependency of average accumulated deformations on the allowable tonnage, definition of equivalent stresses; (6) Methods for calculating the sizes of accumulated deformations at a given level of probability; (7) Allowable residual deformations of the fundamental surface of the subgrade from non-draining bottoms; (8) Allowable stresses on the fundamental surface of the operational subgrade from the effect of the wheels of the rolling stock; finally (9) Hypotheses explaining the physical essence of the process of accumulation of deformation of the fundamental surface of the operational subgrade.
- Abstract only is available in English; original untraslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Lysiuk, V S
- Pozdniakov, B I
- Titov, V P
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Ballast (Railroads); Bearing capacity; Concrete; Concrete ties; Deformation; Durability; Embankments; Freezing; Inspection; Loads; Mathematical models; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Soil mechanics; Soil stabilization; Soil tests; Statistical analysis; Steel; Stiffness; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements); Traffic density; Wood ties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Ballast stiffness; Steel cross ties; Track component investigations; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130209
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ts.N.I.I. No. 451 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM