STRESSES AND ELASTIC DEFORMATIONS IN THE ROADBED UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF TRAINS
NAPRIAZHENIIA I UPRUGIE DEFORMATSII V ZEMLIANOM POLOTNE POD VOZDEISTVIEM POEZDOV
This publication gives the results of experimental research into the stresses in deformed subgrade under trains. Information is gathered from actual track segments and included in the data is the soil stress distribution and elasticity in the subgrade cross section and at designated deeper points--all under the passage of trains. Also shown is subgrade function as influenced by train speed, the modulus of elasticity of the subgrade, effect of random rail irregularities, character of the cross tie/ballast interface, type of rolling stock, and axle loads. The book is intended for the scientific and technical engineering professions in railroading. Also given is an analytical expression incorporating these factors. The chapters are: (1) Measuring devices and instrumentation for determining stresses and elastic deformation of subgrade; (2) Distribution of the stresses and elastic deformation in the cross section of the subgrade under passage of trains; (3) Change in the effect of train forces as influenced by depth of subgrade; (4) The influence of changing characteristics of track structure and rolling stock on the stress and deformation of the subgrade: (5) Research into peculiarities of the effects of axle loads upon the subgrade in the presence of isolated geometric irregularities of the rails.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Defects; Earth pressure; Elasticity (Mechanics); Mathematical models; Measurement; Pressure; Railroad tracks; Soil mechanics; Soil tests; Soils; Subgrade (Pavements); Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Pressure measurements; Track irregularities; Track response investigations
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ts.N.I.I. No. 460 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM