ELECTRIFIED ROLLING STOCK WITH SEMICONDUCTOR RECTIFIERS
ELEKTROPODVIZHNOI SOSTAV S POLUPROVODNIKOVYMI PREOBRAZOVATELIOMI
This publication presents the following reports: (1) The results of tests of the VL80 electric locomotive under operating conditions; (2) The adhesion coefficient of electric freight locomotives; (3) The operational effectiveness of electric locomotives with alternating current and dynamic braking on thyristor transformers; (4) Energy indices of AC electric locomotives with regenerative braking; (5) Partial artifical commutation during regenerative braking of AC rolling stock; (6) Methods for increasing the effectiveness of regenerative braking on AC rolling stock; (7) Investigations into impulsive regulation of current on experimental ER2I-CNII AC electric section; (8) Semiconductor high-voltage transformer with 30 kvt power for passenger car with air conditioning; (9) Theoretical analysis of input filter of the DC EPS transformer with current regulation; (10) Starting the compressor motors of AC electric locomotives at reduced temperature (11) Regenerative braking on electric locomotives with rectifiers; (12) Results of tests on electric locomotive with rectifiers; (13) Influence of temperature on parameters of voltampere characteristics parallel to silicon rectifiers; (14) The calculation of electromagnetic processes in auxiliary machine systems according to experimental prameters of non-symmetrical phase splitting; (15) The results of operational tests of the experimental model VL60kv electric locomotive.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 176 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Braking performance; Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Low temperature; Nuclear reactions; Propulsion; Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Regenerative braking; Solid state devices; Tests; Thyristors; Transformers; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Smoothing reactors; Solid state
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 476 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM