RESEARCH INTO POWER SUPPLY DEVICES AND RAILROAD ROLLING STOCK
ISSLEDOVANIE USTROISTV ELEKTROSNABZHENIIA I PODVIZHNOGO SOSTAVA ZHELEZNYKH DOROG
This publication presents the following reports: (1) Calculation of the higher harmonic currents from electric locomotives developed on power supply networks; formulas are given for evaluations under various conditions along with the parameters for each such state. (2) Calculation of the capacity of compensating installations and formulas for linear condensers taking into account possible overloading. Also given is distribution of condensers across the substation phases and in the power supply network. (c) Analysis of voltage interference on an AC substation with additional thyristor autotransformers; presented are the results of theoretical research on bus bars during regulation of the rectified current when controlled by supplementary transformer thyristors. It is determined that at a specific level of regulation the interfering current grows by 20- 23 percent, which can be eliminated by utilizing the reaction of the autotransformer in one of the filter control links. (4) Influence of parallel capacitance compensation upon wave form in the tractive network. (5) Experimental determination of protective action of "suction" transformers with reverse feed from dangerous and interfering action produced upon communication lines by inductive effects of the traction network. (6) Increasing economy of operation of hydraulic transmissions on diesel engines. (7) Influence of temperature and pressure of inlet air on supercharged diesel locomotives. (8) Theoretical evaluation of varying consumption of transmission fluid on diesel hydraulic locomotives and evaluation of fluid flow changes as locomotive speed changes.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Autotransformers; Capacitors; Diesel hydraulic locomotives; Electric power supply; Harmonics; Inductive interference; Low temperature; Mathematical models; Nuclear reactions; Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Superchargers; Telecommunications
- Old TRIS Terms: Smoothing reactors; Supercharging
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 489 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM