TRACK AND SWITCH DESIGN IMPROVEMENT
SOVERSHENSTVOVANIE KONSTRUKTSII PUTI I STRELOCHNYKH PEREVODOV
This book presents the following reports: (1) New government standards for upper track structure elements; (2) Rails for especially load-stressed and fast lines; (3) Optimal correlation of the mechanical properties of the elements of the upper track structure; (4) New types of rail fastenings for concrete rail ties -- fundamental characteristics; (5) The problem of vertical stability of rail fastenings; (6) New standards for ballast materials; (7) Asbestos ballast and its application -- technical conditions and requirements; (8) The establishment of criteria of the durability of rail, steel and the choice of a method for its definition; (9) The peculiarities of operation of the subgrade surface during the spring thawing of soil; (10) Analysis of the durability of the track, taking into account the intensity of its utilization; (11) Contemporary constructions of switches and their operation under rolling load; (12) New types of wooden squared switch ties and their operation during shunting; finally, (13) The principles of definition of the durability of the track taking into account the intensity of its utilization.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Inspection; Maintenance of way; Rail fasteners; Rail steel; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Standards; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements); Thaw; Traffic density
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail steel metallurgy; Track component investigations; Track standards; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130201
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 501 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM