A TWO-CHARGE ENGINE CONCEPT: HYDROGEN ENRICHMENT
The first engine dynamometer test results are presented for a modified fuel system based on hydrogen enrichment for a V-8 I.C. engine. The hydrogen is produced in a compact onboard generator from gasoline and air. Relative to the stock 1973 350 CID engine, an approximate 10 percent reduction in brake specific fuel consumption was measured over the entire level road load speed range. For the same condition, NO x emissions were reduced to below the equivalent 1977 EPA Standards.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Houseman, J
- Hoehn, F W
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamometers; Energy; Engines; Fuel air mixtures; Fuel consumption; Fuel systems; Hydrogen; Pollutants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air fuel ratio
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095506
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper 741169
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM