CALCULATIONS FOR THE VERTICAL DYNAMIC LOAD ON RAILROAD TRACK
RASCHETY ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI NA VERTIKAL'NUIU DINAMICHESKUIU NAGRUZKU
This book presents the principal bases of the theory of simultaneous statistical oscillations of the track as a system with distributive parameters, and of the rail vehicle as a system with many degrees of freedom in the vertical plane. Accepted in the capacity of perturbations are irregularities on the track and the wheels, as well as clearances between the rail and the foundation. Algorithms are given for solving the differential equations of simultaneous vertical oscillations of various fundamental types of rolling stock and track, realized on the BESM- 4 electronic computer, which can also be utilized for the solution of these tasks on the M-22- and M-222 independently of the mathematical ensuring of the specific type of machine. For a wider utilization of the various electronic computers during the dynamic calculation of the track a program is given which is also based on Fortran language and translated into the GE-400 electronic computer. New calculation methods and algorithms for solution allow to be exposed a series of new qualitative and quantitative particularities of the interaction of the vehicle and the track, especially during high traffic speeds. The book is intended for scientific and technical scientific workers of railroad transport. The chapters include (1) Task presentation. (2) Theoretical premises of calculation: mathematical model of the vehicle, equalization of the crew oscillations under the action of vertical forces applied in the wheel-rail contact, computation of the matrix of the spectral densities of irregularities, definition of average significances and mean squared deviations of basic parameters characterizing the stressed and deformed condition of the track; (3) Calculation characteristics: of rolling stock, track structures, spectral analysis of surface irregularities in the rolling of the car wheels; (4) Calculation program on the electronic computer of the interaction of the track and rolling stock under the action of vertical dynamic forces: short description, block schematic, makeup of output information; (5) Analysis of the results of mass calculations on the computer.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Defects; Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Handbooks; High speed rail; Information processing; Mathematical models; Power spectra; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Stresses; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Non-Preferred Terms: Power spectral density; Spectral density; Spectral energy distribution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Vertical dynamics; Wheel profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer analysis; Track irregularities; Track stress
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 502 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM