AUTOMATION OF THE TRAIN TIMETABLE
AVTOMATIZATSIIA RAZRABOTKI GRAFIKA DVIZHENIIA POEZDOV
This publication presents the methods and computer programs for developing timetables. Included are results of the calculation of optimum schedules for freight trains on double-track sections as well as suggestions for the solution on single-track segments, the rationalization of a local operating group during formation of the timetable, optimization of the work and rest periods of the locomotive crews, and utilization of computer programs for developing a schedule for operating and managing double-track lines. The book is intended for technical engineers, computer centers and technicans who develop automated control systems. Chapters: (1) General characteristics of the problem of schedule automation; (2) Computer modeling process for the schedule of a double-tracked line; (3) Algorithm for producing the timetable, including a "window"; (4) Some problems in using algorithms for calculating freight train timetables on single-track lines; (5) Automated calculation for staffing when developing schedules; (6) Optimization of the work and rest intervals of locomotive crews involved with scheduling in the timetables; (7) Timetables in an automated control system.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Tishkin, E M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Centralized traffic control; Computer programs; Double track; Handbooks; Maintenance of way; Operations; Personnel management; Planning; Productivity; Railroad facility operations; Scheduling; Single track; Timetables
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130198
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ts.N.I.I. No. 517 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM