INVESTIGATION INTO THE RESPONSE OF FASTENERS AND RAILS
ISSLEDOVANIE RABOTY SKREPLENII I REL'SOV
This issue presents the following reports: (1) Some problems of investigation of increased resiliency rubber pads for a track with concrete ties. This shows calculation and design of increased resiliency rubber pads intended for decreasing rigidity of the track with concrete ties. Included are laboratory experiments, experimental research into the operation of rubber pads on the track, and operational observations. (2) Constructional advantages of glue-bolt insulating joints and effectiveness of application, showing an analysis of research on the stress deformed state of glue-bolt insulating joints under various types of loads. The results of observations on the operation of joints in the track, brief information about the technology for manufacture of the joints, and economic grounds for their application are also presented. (3) The distribution of plastic deformation in the surface zone of rail rolling attachments, presenting the results of experimental research into the distribution of plastic deformation on the width and depth of the head of P65 standard production rails of the "Azovsteel" and "KMK" enterprises. It is determined that during the evaluation of the character of formation of the forged layer of the rail-heads it is necessary to include the load on the axle and the allowable tonnage (especially during the first operating stage) as well as the contact conditions of the rail wheels. (4) Experimental research into operation of railroad track in the early period of stabilization, presenting the results of experimental research on the peculiarities of operation of temporary railroad track.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Institute of Engineers for Railroad TransportationUSSR Ministry of Railways
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Car wheels (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Elastomers; Force; Inspection; Insulation systems; Joints (Engineering); Rail (Railroads); Rail joints; Rail steel; Railhead; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Tie pads; Track laying; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Insulated joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Glued rail joints; Rail steel metallurgy; Track component investigations; Track response investigations
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130197
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 354 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM