THE TRUCK AUTOMATIC AND VEHICLE ECONOMICS
A number of salient vehicle cost factors upon which the truck automatic transmission has an impact are discussed -- along with the transmission design principles which lead to that impact. In addition, this paper gives indication of forthcoming refinements in transmission design which will further reduce fuel consumption costs.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Hittle, J F
- Schuette, A R
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic transmissions; Costs; Economics; Energy; Fuel consumption; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095503
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper 740618
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM