RESEARCH INTO NEW DESIGNS OF RAILROAD TRACK
ISSLEDOVANIIA NOVYKH KONSTRUKTSII ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI
This issue presents the following reports: (1) Geometrical imperfections of track with below-the-track foundations of reinforced concrete, and their influence upon the tractive condition of the rails;(2) Models of resiliency of various below-the-track foundations and their formation; (3) Stress-deformed condition of rails in track with reinforced concrete below-the-track foundations under train load. The influence of this structure upon the rolling stock; (4) Stresses from longitudinal forces in rail strings in the absence of a train load; (5) The securement of bolts in ties; (6) Toward the calculation of the necessary resiliency characterictic of spring elements of attachments in rail fastenings.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Institute of Engineers for Railroad TransportationUSSR Ministry of Railways
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 169 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Concrete slab track; Mathematical models; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad tracks; Reinforced concrete; Stresses; Structural design; Train track dynamics; Welded rail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail stress; Track alignment; Track response investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130196
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 382 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM