ORGANIZATIONAL PROBLEMS OF TRACK MAINTENANCE
VOPROSY ORGANIZATSII PUTEVOGO KHOZIAISTVA
This issue presents the following reports: (1) The influence of the length and type of repair upon labor expenditures for current maintenance of track, depending upon the volume of train traffic; (2) On establishing maintenance practices for extending the service of rail fastenings on jointed track; (3) On problems of utilizing traffic "windows" for current maintenance of track; (4) On specifying the transfer of shoulder base stresses to the shoulder stresses in the rail head; (5) On determining ballast density by radiotechnical methods; (6) The influence of unequal resilience in the subgrade and foundation on stress deformation of the track structure beneath the rail under static loads; (4) Research into oscillation of embankments on marshlands; (8) Protection of controllers from humidity during full-scale tensimeterization of rails.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Institute of Engineers for Railroad TransportationUSSR Ministry of Railways
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 151 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Jointed track; Maintenance of way; Measuring instruments; Productivity; Radiography; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad tracks; Soil compaction; Stresses; Subgrade (Pavements); Traffic density
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail stress; Track stress; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130195
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 383 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM