MARITIME GAS COOLED REACTOR PROJECT ON COMPRESSOR MODEL TEST
As a part of the Maritime Gas-Cooled Reactor (MGCR) compressor development program, a four stage full scale mode of the intermediate stages of the high pressure compressor was tested in a variable density tunnel. The mode was tested on air and data were generated for use in the design of prototype compressors for the MGCR turbomachinery. A total of twenty-six configurations of the same basic blading were tested and results indicate that a blade path efficiency of 87 percent is attainable.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number EC-130.
Westinghouse Electric CorporationSmall Steam and Gas Turbine Division
Lester, PA USA 19113
- Howard, G S
- Leuthold, J E
- Sosa, F
- Vetere, A M
- Publication Date: 1963-2
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Blades (Machinery); Compressors; Design; Gas turbines; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Gas cooled reactors; Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026625
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EC-130
- Contract Numbers: MA-2795
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM