PROBLEMS RELATED TO TRACK AND TRACK MAINTENANCE
VAPROSY PUTI I PUTEVOGO KHOZIAISTVA
This issue presents the following reports: (1) Loads, speeds, load stress, track operational experience of rolling stock abroad, tentative communications - long life of rails, long contact life of rails, long life of rail according to individual operational output, wood-tie outputs, cleansing and replenishment of the ballast layer, current track repair, composite indices. (2) Estimate of the dynamic influences of rolling stock during the calculation of the stability of railroad embankments; methodical indications for the calculation of dynamic effects of rolling stock at the time of computation of the stability of the subgrade slopes (embankments), experimental and theoretical calculation bases of "methodical indications", modeling the embankments in the presence of the dynamic effect of train loads, calculations of the reliability of the embankments, analysis and synthesis of the results of modeling and calculations. (3) Experimental analysis of several design solutions on swamp subgrades. (4) The study of the work of electrical controllers during the investigation of destruction of maximum condition of embankment models. (5) Spheres for rational application of various road packers on the construction of railroads.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Institute of Engineers for Railroad TransportationUSSR Ministry of Railways
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 207 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Embankments; Equipment replacement; Maintenance of way; Mathematical models; Rail (Railroads); Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Soil compaction; Soil stabilization; Subgrade (Pavements); Swamps; Traffic density; Train track dynamics; Wear; Wood ties
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Ballast cleaning; Cross tie replacement; Soil compacting; Track structures; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130194
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 443 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM