MODERN DESIGNS OF RAILROAD TRACK SUPERSTRUCTURE
SOVREMENNYE KONSTRUKSTII VERKHNEGO STROENIIA ZHELEZNODOROZHNOGO PUTI
This publication presents types of contemporary designs for upper road structure of USSR railroads, and for each of its elements taken separately; it publishes data for the new government standards on materials of the upper structure and the renewed and newly constructed normative documentation on the arrangement and content of the track. Included are problems connected with the working out of principally new, prospective constructions of railroad track for sections with ultrahigh load stress and train traffic speeds, as well as the contemporary condition of the upper track structure of foreign railroads. The book is intended for road management technical engineering workers and railroad track builders, and may be found useful by students of the higher educational institutions, as well as of the technical schools. The chapters are (1) Typification of the upper track structure: operational characteristics of railroad track as an engineering construction, spheres of application of various designs, foreign types of structures; (2) Rails: contemporary designs, service lives, perfection of quality of rail steel, old rails and their repeated use; (3) Long rails and non-junction track: lengths, stability parameters, design of non-junction track with spike and terminal ties; (4) Interval rail ties: requirements, contemporary designs, vertical plane stability, horizontal stability; (5) Sleepers: concrete steel sleepers, wooden sleepers, sleeper management; (6) The ballast layer: construction of the ballast prism, contemporary ballast materials, vibrations, increase of carrying capacity of the ballast prism; (7) Concrete block foundations beneath-the-rail: sphere of application, design and construction; (8) Switching crossings; (9) Peculiarities of the upper track structure arrangements on fast lines; (10) Peculiarities of arrangements and operation of the upper track structure on high-load-stress lines.
- Abstract only is available in English; original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 280 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete slab track; Concrete ties; Design; High speed track; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Rail steel; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Specifications; Structural design; Textbooks; Track components; Track laying; Welded rail; Wood ties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Design criteria; Switches; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: High axle loads; Rail design; Rail steel metallurgy; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130193
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM