RAILROAD ENGINEER REFERENCE BOOK. VOLUME 2
SPRAVOCHNIK INZHENERA-PUTEITSA. TOM 2
This is the second volume of a two-volume reference book for railway engineers. It presents important reference data and materials on the organization, technology, and mechanization of track work, fighting against snow, water, and sand, and the economics of planning railroad track management; it is intended for railway engineers, builders, and planners of the major railroads and of industrial transport. Chapters include (11) Track management system: (12) Current track repair: organization and planning, mechanization, control over condition of track, subgrade, upper structure, labor and material expediture; (13) Protection of the track from snow- and sand-drifts: snow cleaners, snow-removal and snow-melting machines; (14) Track machines, mechanisms, tools: classification, hydraulic machines, measuring and control equipment; (15) Track repair work: subgrade capital repairs, technical standards, network planning and management; (16) Insurance of train traffic safety during track work: protection of work production places on the stages, on the stations; (17) Safety technology on track work: general requirements, on electrified sections, on high-speed sections, loading-and-unloading work; (18) Repair of elements of the upper track structure: welding rails, electric arc welding, burnishing, smelting, wooden tires, concrete steel ties; (19) Economics, planning, financing, and calculation: individual values of track materials, book-keeping, definition of capital investment effectiveness, fundamental economic indices; and, finally, (20) Labor and salary: numbers of workers, labor law codes, work production, work remuneration and typical staff, and special clothing and protective devices.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 520 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic analysis; Floods; Handbooks; Maintenance of way; Measurement; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Return on investment; Safety; Snow removal; Snowplows; Subgrade (Pavements); Track components; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail welding; Sand fences; Track geometry measurement; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130191
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM