RAILROAD ENGINEER REFERENCE BOOK. VOLUME 1
SPRAVOCHNIK INZHENERA-PUTEITSA. TOM 1
This is the first volume of a two-volume reference set. It presents, on the basis of national and foreign experience, the most important reference data and materials on the construction, standards of organization and content of the railroad track, and the interaction of the track and rolling stock, as well as brief information on the rolling stock. The book is intended for railway engineers, builders, and designers of main railroads and industrial transport. Soviet railroads make up 10% of the earth's track but turn over 50% of its goods, determining their exceptionally high operational intensity, and the necessity of radical reconstruction, realized on the basis of electrification, the inculcation of new, progressive types of tension, more effective technical equipping of all branches of transport, the creation and application of leading organization technology, and the mechanization of labor for maintenance and repair. Chapters include (1) railroad transport management, (2) dimensions and conditions for transport of over-dimensioned cargoes, (3) subgrade, (4) artificial structures, (5) upper track structure, (6) overall track organization, (7) technical conditions and standards of organization and design of the upper track structure, (8) junctions and crossings of rail tracks, (9) interaction of track and rolling stock and track calculations, (10) rolling stock.
- Abstract only is available in English; original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 768 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Handbooks; Management; Oversize loads; Planning; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad tracks; Rolling stock; Structural design; Subgrade (Pavements); Track components; Track laying; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Switches; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: High and wide loads; Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM