THE CATENARY NETWORK
This book presents the fundamental components, assemblies, and constructions of the catenary network on electric railroads; methods for mechanical calculation of the catenary suspension brackets, and information for the calculation of the supporting and fixed constructions, bearings, and catenary foundation are given. The book also describes the interactions of the catenary suspension brackets and the current collectors during various train travelling speeds; it sets forth the fundamental processes of layout, construction, and operation of the catenary network. Great attention is paid to the insuring of operational reliability of the catenary network under all meteorological conditions and during high train travelling speeds, as well as to the raising of current output quality and the lowering of wear and tear of the catenary conductors. The catenary network must insure steady current output during highest speeds and under all meteorological conditions, and the recent raising of electric railroad speeds to 200-250 km/h led to a series of problems in the rolling stock. Both national and where necessary, foreign examples are used in the discussion of these difficulties. Chapters cover conductors, cables, isolators, armature, suspension terminals, freely handing conductors and simple simple suspensions, chain suspension, wind resistance, sectioning, grounding, protective safety devices and and arrangements, catenary planning, and safety technology. present volume is maintained by the main administration of of the Ministry of Railroads educational institutions in the capacity of a textbook for rail transport technical schools in the specialization: "Railroad transport energy supply and economics" and may prove useful to engineers and technicians occupied with the planning, construction, and operation of electrical railroad catenary networks.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Goroshkov, Iu I
- Bondarev, N A
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 384 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Design; Electric power generation and transmission; High speed rail; Insulating materials; Pantographs; Protection; Railroad electrification; Reliability; Safety; Safety equipment; Sectioning; Specifications; Textbooks; Transmission lines; Weather; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection; Ground currents; Insulators; Protective devices
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130058
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM