REFERENCE BOOK FOR THE OPERATION OF TRACTION SUBSTATIONS AND SECTIONING POINTS
SPRAVOCHNIK PO EKSPLUATATSII TIAGOVYKH PODSTANTSII I POSTOV SEKTSIONIROVANIIA
This reference book presents the basic information regarding equipment, apparatus, and schemata for the traction substations and railroad sectioning posts on direct and alternating electric current. Basic attention is paid to new equipment, apparatus, and schemata which have been adopted over the past several years (e.g. semiconductor rectifiers, new forms of contact breakers, electronic automation, remote control, and protection arrangements, etc.). The reference book reviews basic contemporary operating procedures for traction substations and section-posts, and provides recommendations for the discovery and elimination of faults in the equipment. The book is intended for technical engineering workers concerned with the operation of traction substation and sectioning posts. Chapter sections include; diagrams of energy supply systems, calculation of short circuit currents, high voltage alternating current equipment, high voltage direct current equipment, power cables, conductors, busbars, and insulators; safety technology, protective arrangements; automated and remote control systems; control, signaling, and measurement; actual needs, transitional arrangements. Some of the detailed information includes areas such as: resistors, condensers, commutational low-voltage devices, diesel electrical stations, light sources, automatic blocking devices, valves, overloads, temporary reactive power compensation mechanisms; etc. The book is all the more useful inasmuch as railroad electrification is rapidly increasing in the Soviet Union, and complete assemblies of control, automation, and remote control arrangements have recently been constructed.
- Abstract only is available in English; original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Davydova, I K
- Popov, B I
- Erlikh, V M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 416 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Circuit breakers; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric substations; Insulating materials; Power factor (Electricity); Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Remote control; Safety; Sectioning; Short circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Dead sections; Ground currents; Insulators; Power factor
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00130056
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM