LIFE INCREASE OF CONTACT WIRE
UVELICHENIE SROKA SLUZHBY KONTAKTNOGO PROVODA
This volume presents information about gliding contact processes, as well as materials for contact conductors and plates (i.e. of inserts) of current pantographs. Study methods and analytical data of wear and tear of contact conductors under various operational conditions are mentioned; experimental utilization of new forms of contact conductors and replaceable inserts is described. Technical economic problems regarding contact conductor wear and tear are surveyed; research results into lowering wear and tear intensity of the contact conductor and choice of best current replaceable materials are summarized, as are basic directions of further work in this field. Catenary network specialists have been attemping to lengthen the service period of catenary conductance for years. Despite successes, the problem remains due to the steady growth of the electrified railroad networks, increases in motive parameters, weight, train speed, and locomotive power. The book is intended for technical engineering workers concerned with the contact network; it may also be useful to specialists in the field of electrical rolling stock, as well as to students of the higher educational institutions and technical schools in corresponding specialized fields.
- Abstract only is available in English; original untranslated as of November 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Kuptsov, Iu E
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Design; Electric power generation and transmission; Locomotives; Metallurgy; Pantographs; Textbooks; Vehicle design; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection; Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130055
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM