TRACTION POWER SUPPLY EFFICIENCY INCREASE
POVYSHENIE EFFEKTIVNOSTI TIAGOVOGO ELEKTROSNABZHENIIA
A list of chapters covered in this pamphlet covers the following: (1) Increasing the effectiveness of 3 kV. direct current electrified railroads; (2) Algorithm for calculating traction during a given travel time along a direct current section, accounting for changing tension on the electric locomotive current acceptors under tractive and recuperative conditions; (3) Mathematical model for electrical energy loss calculation in a tractive electrical supply system; (4) Electrical energy loss in transformer assemblies; (5) Improved construction rectifier with natural air cooling on Townsend avalanche diodes, and its loading capacity; (6) Characteristics of inverted rectifier assemblies on thyristors; (7) Research on diode heating conditions during natural cooling and short-lived overloads; (8) Research overloading under rectifying conditions; (10) Overloading rectifiers; (9) New protection schemata for transformer overloading under rectifying conditions. (10) Overloading arising during opening of electromagnetic mechanisms with ferromagnetic cores; (11) Mathematical modeling of processes during graduated regulation of tractive substation alternating current tension; (12) Experimental research on tension spectrum of transverse electrical supply lines; (13) Influence of resistor-condenser contour parameters upon tension distortion of tractive substations with semiconductor transformers; (14) Electrical work safety in non-junction road laying on alternating current sections.
- Abstract only is available in English; original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power supply; Electric substations; Mathematical models; Protection; Railroad electrification; Rectifiers; Regenerative braking; Safety; Safety equipment; Switches (Railroads); Thyristors; Traction; Transformers
- Old TRIS Terms: Contactors; Protective devices; Tractive effort
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130053
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 520 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1976 12:00AM