NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN ROLLING STOCK AND POWER SUPPLY TECHNOLOGY
NOVOE V TEKHNIKE PODVIZHNOGO SOSTAVA I ELEKTROSNABZHENIIA
This pamphlet contains seventeen reports, which are enumerated below: automatic regulation of thermal conditions of transformers on semiconductor valves; wave processes in traction circuits, accounting for influence of the "two conductor-rail" system; parallel operation of AC traction substations of electrified railroads; research into rail potentials of AC traction networks; statistical voltage transformer for reserve feeding of the "Seima-3" protection system. No-contact measuring transformers in automatic control systems for recording wear and tear of rolling stock wheels; required frequency characteristics of DC traction substation smoothing mechanisms; reliability of apparatus of remote control electrical supply systems; experimental definition of slipping paths of locomotive wheel pairs; experimental research into dependence of transferable hydrocoupling moment on output pressure; calculation of body deformation of spray force pumps of type D100, D49, and IID45 diesels as the result of installation stress; investigation into protection of traction motors in transitional conditions on electric locomotives with electrical coupling of axles; increase in protection effectiveness of high voltage circuits from heating of passenger trains; investigation into possibilities for metallization by means of spray-coating as a method for the restoration of axle journals of wagon wheel pairs with roller axle boxes; influence of structural parameters on the tenacity of rail steel; hardenability of steel for highly stable rails; stability of results during the testing of stabilized steels for wear and tear.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 138 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Axles; Diesel engines; Electric power supply; Electric substations; Journal bearings; Metal heating; Protection; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Railroad electrification; Reliability; Remote control; Roller bearings; Safety equipment; Semiconductors; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Protective devices; Rail steel metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130051
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 509 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM