IMPROVEMENT OF THE OPERATION OF THE CATENARY NETWORK AND PANTOGRAPH
SOVERSHENSTVOVANIE EKSPLUATATSII KONTAKTNOI SETI I TOKOS'EMA
This pamphlet contains the following thirteen reports: (1) Ways of increasing labor production during work on the catenary network; observes irregularity of work load of workers of catenary divisions over the course of a year and the possibility of equalization; (2) Choice of a rational system of servicing catenary arrangements; scrutinizes the distribution of labor expenditures on operational servicing of the catenary by work types, and shows ways of shortening unproductive expenditure; (3) Test for operation of a double equal-elasticity catenary suspension; gives results of operational research on AC sections, and recommends schemata of this suspension for various lengths; (4) Several means for depression of auto-oscillations of catenary conductors; (5) Method for comparing the effectiveness of various mechanical means for decreasing auto-oscillations of catenary suspensions; (6) Influence of spring strings on the form of slackening of the carrying line of chain spring suspension; (7) Increase in reliability of the spark-gap; shows reasons for the exit from the system of spark-gaps; (8) Polymeric insulating elements of electrified railroad catenary network; puts forth technical requirements for the electrical characteristics of these insulators and the test results of dummy models; (9) Insulators from polymeric materials for sectional disconnecting switches of AC catenary network; (10) Experimental research on the interaction of the catenary conductor and the carrying line of the chain suspension during its various operating regimens; (11) The definition of the allowable heat temperature of metallo-ceramic catenary plates of current collectors; (12) Indications for catenary conductors of chain suspensions; (13) The application of hydraulic shock absorbers on electric rolling stock current collectors.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Damping (Physics); Electric power generation and transmission; Insulating materials; Maintenance practices; Pantographs; Productivity; Tensioning; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power collection; Insulators
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 496 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM