MOBILE TRUCK TIRE-TRACTION TEST SYSTEM
A mobile test station has demonstrated its effectiveness in measuring straight-ahead traction coefficients of truck tires. This system - incorporated into a modified trailer-tractor combination - is designed to test the entire range of light-truck and heavy-truck tires now in production. The tire carriage assembly is installed in the center of the flat-bed trailer. The tire is hydraulically loaded to the ground through an opening in the bed. To ensure reasonably valid tire-traction data, the system is designed to minimize variations in such test parameters as load, brake line pressure, vehicle speed, and tire orientation.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Bradisse, J L
- Ramsey, A F
- Sacia, S R
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Performance tests; Skid trailers; Testing equipment; Tires; Traction; Tractor trailer combinations; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095483
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741138
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM