NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD OF PROTECTION OF COMMUNICATION, SIGNALING, CENTRALIZING AND BLOCKING DEVICE ARRANGEMENTS ON ELECTRIFIED ROADS
NOVOE V OBLASTI ZASCHITY USTROISTV SVIAZI I SIGNALIZATSIIA, TSENTRALIZATSIIA, I BLOKIROVKA NA ELEKTRIFITSIZOVANNYKH DOROGAKH
This pamphlet covers new developments in the field of protection of communication, signaling, centralizing, and blocking devices on electrified railroads. There are six project descriptions. (1) Methods of calculating interference currents in conductance circuits on alternating current electric traction road sections, covering the basic conditions and formulas for determining the current. (2) Telephone cable circuit sensitivity factor, covering the results of research into sensitivity to external electromagnetic influences. On the basis of analysis of the influencing factors, recommendations are made for normalization, and measurement methods are given for parameters of external influence; also covered are problems of asymmetrical influence of intermediary point apparatus on the telephone cable sensitivity factor. (3) Requirements for protective action and opposition to grounding of main communication cable casing and armor on alternating current factors. (4) Protective action of suction transformers against the interfering influence of the tractive network upon the communication circuit, including a calculation method and experimental results. (5) New rules of conductance communication mechanism protection from direct current electrified road tractive circuit influence, including a new calculation method for influences upon aerial communication cables and corrected norms for audio frequency conductance cable interference tensions. (6) Research into the effectiveness of protection schemata against instrument overloading of 50 Hz. alternating current code track circuits with throttle transformers, including experimental research results carried out on type RVN-250 low voltage valve dischargers and selenium voltage arresting devices.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
All-Union Labor Red Banner Railway Research InstUSSR Ministry of Railways
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Autotransformers; Cables; Communications; Design; Electrical impedance; Electromagnetic interference; Inductive interference; Mechanical impedance; Protection; Railroad electrification; Safety equipment; Telecommunications; Track circuits; Traffic signal control systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Arrestors; Ground currents; Protective devices; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00130048
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 474 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM