PRACTICAL AID TO OFF-ROAD TIRE EVALUATION WITH BEVAMETER TECHNIQUES
A simple method based on bevameter soil values enables the engineer to evaluate the motion resistance of a pneumatic tire, in the given soil, and to perform parametric analyses of design and performance. The parameters measured include, besides soil parameters, the following characteristics of the tire: width, diameter, inflation pressure, carcass stiffness, and load. An inexpensive electronic desk calculator assures accuracy of prediction that is more than satisfactory.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Bekker, M G
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Inflation; Loads; Pneumatic equipment; Soil mechanics; Tires; Width
- Old TRIS Terms: Pneumatic tire
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095480
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741133
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM