RETREADED TRUCK TIRE NOISE TESTS
Noise tests were conducted on new and retreaded truck tires of a wide variety of patterns using three different procedures. Single tires on the test wheel and 2-tire sets on the road were correlated with the standard 4-tire sets in accordance with the Recommended Practice SAE J57 Procedure. The correlation was analyzed and the conversion techniques were discussed with the conclusions that it is possible to convert test wheel data to equivalent road test data. The results show that retreaded truck tires are not noisier than new tires of similar construction and tread design.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Raabe, R C
- Burche, I
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Mattresses (Foundations); Noise; Performance tests; Rubber; Tires; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Rubber mattress; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095478
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741132
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM