THE PROS AND CONS OF RADIAL PLY TRUCK TIRES
This paper explains how structural properties of radial and bias ply truck tires affect tire and vehicle performance. The author concludes that a knowledgeable evaluation of the pros and cons of both bias and radial ply truck tires be based on individual operational evaluations and the compromise of tire characteristics which best satisfy needs. Neither radial nor bias ply truck tires can be generalized as the superior choice since each type has areas of superiority.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Allen, R M
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability tests; Performance tests; Radial ply tires; Tires; Traffic noise; Trucks; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Radial tires; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095477
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741134
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM